[squid-dev] [PREVIEW] rework msntauth helper

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Dec 20 09:30:06 UTC 2014

On 20/12/2014 10:05 p.m., Kinkie wrote:
> Hi,
>   the msntauth helper is triggering some race condition in
> Makefile.am, needlessly failing many builds. Furthermore, it still
> follows the obsolete "authentication + authorization are one and the
> same" pattern.
> This patch simplifies the basic/MSNT auth helper, removing its
> reliance on a configuration file but only using command line arguments
>
> The invocation syntax is supposed to be
> msnt_auth domain/domain.controll.er [domain2/domain2.controll.er ...]
>
> It's missing some documentation and a bit of command line arguments
> checks, but it should be in a reasonable shape for merge - maybe in
> time for 3.5?

Maybe if it passes audit within 24hrs.

> It builds and passes the test suite on my Ubuntu Utopic, but I haven't
> tested it yet.

Audit:

* tab or odd indentation everywhere. We use 4 SP.
 - please run:
    scripts/formater.pl helpers/basic_auth/MSNT/msntauth.cc
    scripts/formater.pl helpers/basic_auth/MSNT/valid.cc

in helpers/basic_auth/MSNT/msntauth.cc:

* please bump the helper version number. 3.0 would seem appropriate for
such a big feature change.

* missing empty line bwetween validate_user() and main().

* the comment you have before main() "arguments: domain/server_name" is
actually confusing. It reads like its the parameter arguments for main()
function. But its actually the syntax for internal to each argv array entry.
 - it should be moved down to the for loop processing argv and clarified.

in lib/smb/*:

* Please check that all other relevant Basic and NTLM helpers still
build after this const-ness change to the smblib API.

Since this is just polishing.

Amos