[squid-core] Wrong openssl version into Squid -v info

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jul 31 11:58:43 UTC 2020

Please use the squid-users mailing list for help using Squid.

On 31/07/20 5:48 pm, ALVARO GASCO FERNÁNDEZ wrote:
> Hi List!!
>
> My name is Alvaro, from Spain, and i would like to know if you can help
> me about a problem with my new squid version.
>
> In my company, we want to update our squid version to 4.12 because our
> actual version has a vulnerability problem. Our openssl version is 1.1.1g.
>
> When i update squid version and want to know if the process has finished
> correctly, i run *squid -v* into and this is that i receive.
>
> Squid Cache: Version 4.12
> Service Name: squid
>
> _*This binary uses OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips *_ 26 Jan 2017. For legal

This message is printed by the library Squid actually loaded on the
machine it runs.

Check that the 1.1 library is available as the default library on the
machine, in the location Squid has been built to expect it. Given the
old one was a FIPS build there may be OpenSSL config causing a FIPS
library to load as preferred.

Amos