[squid-announce] Squid 6.0.2 beta is available

Francesco Chemolli kinkie at squid-cache.org
Wed May 17 19:04:06 UTC 2023

The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the
availability of the Squid-6.0.2 beta release!

This release is a bug fix release resolving some issues
found in the prior Squid releases.

The major changes to be aware of:

* Avoid excessive disk I/O in some environments

This bug could lead to excessive disk I/O in some environments.
The exact effects are difficult to predict because the operations
may be asynchronous and are guarded by additional conditions.

This release contains a temporary workaround to avoid the extra I/O
load.

* Fix build issues highlighted by the most recent versions of
  GCC and Clang.

* Portability fixes for ESI, bundled GnuRegex, and GnuTLS

 All users of Squid-6.0.1 are encouraged to
 upgrade as time permits.

 All users of Squid-5 are encouraged to
 test this release and plan for upgrade as time permits.

See the ChangeLog for the full list of changes in this and
earlier releases.

Please refer to the release notes at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v6/RELEASENOTES.html
when you are ready to make the switch to Squid-6

This new release can be downloaded from our HTTP or FTP servers

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v6/
ftp://ftp.squid-cache.org/pub/squid/
ftp://ftp.squid-cache.org/pub/archive/6/

or the mirrors. For a list of mirror sites see

http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/http-mirrors.html
http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/mirrors.html

If you encounter any issues with this release please file a bug
report.
https://bugs.squid-cache.org/

--
Francesco Chemolli